The Beacon of Hope Teen Steering Committee is a new group formed of high school volunteers interested in supporting Lighthouse’s mission in the community, and more specifically, planning and conducting an outreach plan in support of the Beacon of Hope 5k.
Steering Committee members will receive community service credit and will be expected to commit to the following:
- regular meetings (once or twice per month, as required) from January through May 2017
- contribute to outreach plan for Beacon of Hope 5k
- independent outreach via phone, email and in person to implement the committee’s outreach plan
- attendance at the 2017 Beacon of Hope 5k and 1 Mile Memory Walk as a volunteer
- 1 steering committee meeting will be dedicated to feedback re: Lighthouse’s powerpoint presentation
Please submit your application for consideration by December 16th, 2016. All applicants will be contacted by early January 2017.