Suicide Safe: The Suicide Prevention App for Health Care Providers
Free from SAMHSA
For individuals at risk of suicide, behavioral health and primary care settings provide unique opportunities to connect with the health care system and access effective treatment. Almost half (45%) of individuals who die by suicide have visited a primary care provider in the month prior to their death, and 20% have had contact with mental health services.1
Suicide Safe, SAMHSA’s new suicide prevention app for mobile devices and optimized for tablets, helps providers integrate suicide prevention strategies into their practice and address suicide risk among their patients. Suicide Safe is a free app based on SAMHSA’s Suicide Assessment Five-Step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) card.
SAMHSAâ€™s Suicide Safe helps providers:
- Learn how to use the SAFE-T approach when working with patients.
- Explore interactive sample case studies and see the SAFE-T in action through case scenarios and tips.
- Quickly access and share information, including crisis lines, fact sheets, educational opportunities, and treatment resources.
- Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients who may be in need of suicide intervention.
- Locate treatment options, filter by type and distance, and share locations and resources to provide timely referrals for patients.
Suicide Safe, SAMHSAâ€™s free suicide prevention app, is available for iOSÂ® and Androidâ„¢ mobile devices.
**content taken from SAMHSA website.Â To see original page, click here.